If you’re considering selling your home this spring, it’s not too soon to start getting ready.
Here are some great tips on which outdoor projects to do to make the most of your “curb appeal”
* If your exterior paint is faded or chipped, consider re-painting in neutral but
trendy colors. Use a two or three color scheme. Check the internet or drive
neighborhoods for ideas that look good on your style of home.
* Replace siding in areas of damage or dry rot, especially the eaves and trim boards.
* Clean or replace roof and/or gutters if needed.
* Keep the lawn trimmed and edged. Define landscape beds and add fresh bark dust.
Add some color here and there, either in pots or planted.
* Make sure your fences, decks and porches are in good condition and freshly
painted or stained.
* Pressure-wash concrete driveways, steps and walkways.
* Remove debris, toys and garbage cans from the yard and curb.
Be careful not to “Over-improve”
Major improvements such as swimming pools, hot tub areas, gazebos and outdoor
kitchens will only pay you back a percentage of what you spent on the project.
If you are not sure of what to do and not do – I would be happy to swing by
sometime, see what you have, and offer some advice.
Be sure and look below for all the ways I can help you now.